AccuScreen ABR Newborn Hearing Screening Device
With Electrode Cable, Sample Electrodes, Probe Transducer & Starter Tip Kit
Select from One of the Product Choices Below:
Cascade HealthCare Products carries the MADSEN AccuScreen ABR Newborn Hearing Screening Device by Otometrics. The AccuScreen is a portable, lightweight, handheld, battery operated newborn hearing screening device. It offers a touch screen display with vibrant icons and intuitive navigation for ease of use to make testing easy, efficient and ideal for screening babies.
Newborn Hearing Screening Facts
- Hearing loss is the most common congenital birth condition. 1-3/1000 are identified each year through newborn hearing screening in the United States (CDC, 2013)
- All states conduct newborn hearing screening and most have legislation requiring that babies are screened prior to hospital discharge
- Early identification of hearing loss (by six months of age) leads to the opportunity for on-time speech, language development and school readiness
- Special education cost savings are estimated over $400,000 when hearing loss is identified early
What is screening ABR?
Screening ABRs measure hearing by placing three electrodes on the head and neck to detect the nervous system’s response to sound stimulus. It provides a comprehensive screening of the auditory system as it screens from the ear canal to the brainstem. ABR offers two ways to deliver sound stimulus; via a probe placed in the ear. It is the recommended method for screening babies in the neonatal intensive care unit but is also widely used to screen well babies.
- Family friendly, state-of-the-art testing in your hands
- Long-life rechargeable battery operation
- Printing and data management (print to PDF or label printer)
- Color touch screen
- No PC required for use – only after for reporting purposes
- Lightweight and portable
- Carrying case
- Weight 9.9 oz
- Size: 8 x 2.8 x 1.2 inches
- ABR with Probe: Requires single-use ear tips that are placed on the probe and self-adhesive electrodes
- Includes an electrode cable and 5 electrodes
- Includes a probe transducer
- Includes Starter Tip Kit: with a selection of ear and probe tips
The Madsen AccuScreen is also available in an OAE (TEOAE or DPOAE) unit or a combination ABR + OAE unit (either TEOAE or DPOAE). Click here for more information about the OAE screening device and the ABR + OAE combination screening device.
We also carry Rad 5 Pulse Oximeters by Masimo for neonatal readings that help meet CCHD screening requirements. Click here for more details.
If you need help choosing the right products for your practice, Cheryl Meyers has over 30 years of experience working with midwives and health care professionals. You can email questions to email@example.com or call us at (800)443-9942.
1White, K. R., & Maxon, A. B. (1995). Universal screening for infant hearing impairment: Simple, beneficial, and presently justified. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, 32, 201-211.