Cascade HealthCare Products carries SoftShells™ for Inverted and Sore Nipples. These SoftShells help solve the most common problems faced by breastfeeding Moms - nipple soreness and inverted/flat nipples. SoftShells help draw out flat/inverted nipples with soft, flexible backs. The design is vented to allow air circulation during wear and the contoured shape provides a smooth look under clothing, while still maintaining comfort.
Only wear the breastshells during waking hours to avoid them from applying pressure to the wrong area when laying down to sleep. If you are awake, you will know if they have moved out of place or if the pressure is too much and be able to adjust them.
- Material: backings are made of soft, flexible silicone and dome is made of polypropylene
- 2 x shells
- 2 x backs
- 4 x washable foam inserts
- Instruction manual
- Designed specifically to help with sore or flat/inverted nipples: Provides protection until nipples heal
- Soft, flexible backs: Superior comfort
- Low profile design: Natural appearance under clothes
- For use while awake - don't wear while sleeping, to avoid having shell shift
- Unit Dimensions: 8 x 4 x 1-1/2
- Unit Weight: 3 oz
- Sanitize once a day
- Clean foam inserts before sanitizing
- Squeeze the milk out of the foam, then rinse them twice with clean cold water
- Dry them by squeezing between a clean cloth or paper towel
- Separate and place the silicone back and dome in a small pan filled with cold water. Distilled water is recommended. Bring the water to a boil and allow it to continue boiling for approximately 10 minutes. Drain off the water and place parts on a clean cloth to dry
- Do not place foam inserts in a dishwasher, Quick Clean Micro-Steam or autoclave
- Shells and backs can be put in the top rack of a dishwasher or an autoclave
If you are leaking, special care must be taken to avoid the buildup of dried breastmilk on the shell parts and in the foam inserts. If the foam inserts become saturated, separate the shells, backs and inserts. The shells and backs should be washed with a mild soap or detergent in warm water, rinsed thoroughly in cold water and dried. Squeeze the milk out of the foam, then rinse them twice with clean cold water. Dry them by squeezing between a clean cloth or paper towel.
We have a variety of Lactation Supplies for professional use from Neonatal Feeding Tubes to Breast Pumps and Herbal Tinctures. Just click here for our full selection.
If you need help choosing the right products, Cheryl Meyers has over 30 years of experience working with midwives and other health care professionals. You can email questions to email@example.com or call us at (800)443-9942.